Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Saturday, March 11, 2006

13 Strike Rolls

This past week I …

  1. Taught 11 classes
  2. Attended several boring or perplexing meetings
  3. Wore a summer skirt with winter tights and boots and looked like I had a hanger sticking out of my ass
  4. Had my period
  5. Worked ten hours of reference
  6. Had sex (once)
  7. Ate very salty beef stew which made me super puffy
  8. Got really fucking tired from the barrage of emails from the Wisconsin Librarians listserv asking who has library related license plates like "info2go." Who frickin' CARES??????
  9. Went to P&Ks house for homemade chicken soup, cheddar biscuits and wine (yum yum!)
  10. Continued to figure out the budget for upcoming conference
  11. Extracted a calcium deposit from right eyelid with a needle and tweezers
  12. Realized the power of aspirin
  13. Drank beer and watched P dance around like Lisa Lubner
  14. Watched the basement band sport various t-shirt looks – kinda like the old Multiples store advertisements
  15. Found out that R & N also have to “silly putty” their boobs to fit into bra cups like model clay and that I am not alone
  16. Found my salad dressing container in Other Ns fridge
  17. Read part of the Women’s Liberation book I have to write a review for that is due on Monday
  18. Once again realized that my skin is most horrifying, just like sassy black girl in Chicago told me
  19. Went to a dance performance and saw another excerpt from CATS – THE WORST MUSICAL EVER EVER EVER MADE!!!!
  20. Vowed that I would never ever again see CATS as long as I live
  21. Sent 72 emails
  22. Found out that Pure Sugar Magic and Ghost Dog celebrated Tortuga’s 6-month birthday
  23. Helped the German figure out what he has to pack and encouraged him to leave the snowsuit at home and told him that I was going to miss him :-(
  24. Set off three smoke alarms cooking pizza in the oven
  25. Argued [again] that Wagner sucks and no one can convince me otherwise – EVER!!!
  26. Predicted faculty would beat me up at the workshop and they didn’t
  27. Tried to remember the name of the bar that Tim and I used to hang out at in Chicago on George or School Street near Racine
  28. Realized I have moved 23 times in 41 years
  29. Got the most enthusiastic screams and hugs ever from my dance kids that performed Friday night.
  30. Found out that G& P delivered four baby goats and they named one after me :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to meet the goat with your name. Will you do anything special for your namesake?

I'm sending you the caramel corn recipe as soon as I finish this comment. I'm so gratified you love it so.

Plum

3/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the coolest salad dressing container I have ever seen. And although I was not aware of it at the time, having it in my fridge made me want to wear my shirt in unusual ways.

3/17/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home