Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Daddy Long Legs

In less than 24 hours, I’ve had two fashion questions for my advice column. I knew putting “Dr.” in front of my name would make a world of difference.

My friend, “other N,” has spent a ridiculous amount of money on tall-sized pants from J. Crew (like $500! Was she high when she bought these?). Anyway, her problem is that she’s a lanky gal, and the new pants she purchased have a 35” inseam and are a tad too long. She’s worried about ruining them while walking. Plus, she can’t return them because they were on sale.
Well, there’s an easy fix to this quandary: High heels! Like CFM stiletto high. Then you don’t have to worry about scuffing the cuffs, and you can look down on everyone because you’ll be superiorly tall. I think that would be most awesome. Alternatively, you can have that cosmetic leg shortening surgery. I think there’s a local guy here who performs these, along with orthodontic work. I can get the name for you, and I’ll look into local tailors. I vote HIGH HEELS!!!


Fashionably yours,
Dr. BF

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a goddess, Dr. BF! Why didn't I think of high heels? Is it because I'm scarred by a lifetime of being way too tall? I'm going to go to Target today and buy the sluttiest high heels I can find. It's time I quit pretending to be normal-sized (not to mention sew). I look forward to embracing the reality of my height and making all around me--male and female alike--feel the shame of their average height. That is, if I can keep from falling on my ass while treking across campus over ice and snow.

-The other N

2/16/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home