Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Monday, March 06, 2006

These boots weren’t made for walking

Yup, I really did it today. I wore two different boots to work. Luckily they were both black, but one has a 3 inch heel and the other has almost none. Is my brain that wasted that I didn’t even notice I was limping to work or that something must have felt off-kilter? It probably ties into the dream I had last night where the German showed up to a Faculty Senate meeting in his infamous Michelin man snowsuit and showed everyone that he had his bathrobe underneath and a Geiger counter in his pocket. Creepy. I have to say today’s heel fiasco is a case where those 15 years of ballet training came in handy. I was able to teach a business class for 75 minutes with one foot on halfpoint to match the other heel as a magical disguise, all while discussing country profiles, key industry ratios and SWOT analysis reports, walking, talking, demonstrating searches AND distributing handouts. I think I fooled all 42 students, and the professor. If that’s not multi-tasking, I don’t know what is.

Someone asked me today where I was from. I told her Chicago. She said, “oh, yer from down south.” I never laughed so hard in my life.

Most frequently asked stupidest reference question: “Could you tell me where the reference room is?”

Fred Willard is uber hot! He gives me Nipsey Russell. I love that guy. I thought he was in Mary Hartmann Mary Hartmann, but maybe not. That was a great show. Really really great. He was so hot in Nussknacker. Everything sounds so fucking whacked out in German. What a royally fucked up language. Criminy.

Here’s a word of the day for the basement band posse – Trailer Hitch:

Guitar Face
The act of making an unusual face while playing the guitar. The look typically resembles a look of pain, intense ecstasy, or sometimes even plain old gas. “Man, that solo was sweet but he had total guitar face going on.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, although both of TH's guitarists make some kind of a guitar face, neither of them exhibits quite what you describe, and for sure when gas is expelled it's the face of the victim that gives it away, not that of the perpetrator. That said, it's lovely to have a byline, even if it's embedded in such a display of potty-mouthedness.

3/08/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home