Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Thursday, February 07, 2008

You’ve got some Clintonalia Obamaian McSplaining to do!

I’m putting the feelers out to see if I should compose – yet again – a letter to the editor for the local paper (which can be read in less than 20 seconds) supporting BO (BAD INITIALS!). I know many of you think of me as some superficial half-baked mix of fake-squad tactics and celebrity watcher whoredom, but I can actually craft a semi-serious political piece when I’m in the mood (like after booze and heroin).

Here’s the problem: I wrote a rather passionate letter to the editor when the whole domestic partnership fiasco was being voted on and those fuckers never published it, and I was annoyed. So, do I get worked up and spend time writing another letter, albeit a different topic, knowing it may not be published and knowing I’ll end up reading some crap God letter from some dip shit drunk fucker from Bancroft?

Don’t worry, I’m not gonna write a letter focusing on Obama’s cream-in-your-pants factor (well, not entirely), and I’m not going to criticize Clinton’s facial topography (BUT I MAY REMIND PEOPLE THAT SHE VOTED FOR THE WAR) or McCain’s Hanoi Hilton stint, and I’ll even give you BOs “call to hope” as corndog rhetoric, but I’m backing him and that’s my story (and I’ll throw in some real shit, like stats and shit, being the good little librarian I am).

Should I take the dive? Spend my time? Work my dime? Make it rhyme?

Switching gears
I just sent ol’ mumsy an email notification that I would be conducting an eco-audit of her house and lifestyle ways (hold on the phone is ringing………………………….it’s mumsy……………………………………………).


Mumsy’s reply to my email was, “Oh jesus! Good bye.”

Ten minutes later, new email from mumsy:

"I refuse to use washcloths for napkins and bar soap is drying and leaves serious soap scum on everything which means endless scrubbing. I agree about using cloth or other grocery bags - we just always forget them. I refuse to give up the trash bags! Don't even think about it!"

She's gonna be in for a surprise! Crazy woman.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You KNOW you have to write your letter to the editor. When you do, be sure to run it by me to check for errors. Normally your writing is error free, but I'm pretty sure--for instance--that dipshit is one word in the way you're using it here. On the other hand, maybe this is part of your problem. Not enough errors. Getting a letter published in our local paper may require you to go back through and crank in all manner of errors. I can help with that part too. By the way, Barack rocks! (That rhymes. You can use it if you want.)

My mom is sooooo much worse than yours. She isn't even willing to entertain the idea of reusable bags. In high school just about the only thing I got involved in was starting an enviromental activism club. The only adult I knew who wasn't supportive and excited about my efforts was my own mother. She refused to separate our garbage and participate in our city mandated recycling program, thus making my high school career a complete wash.

2/08/2008

 
Blogger Virtualsprite said...

I would totally make it rhyme. To do otherwise would be whack.

2/11/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What rhymes with Obama? -N

2/11/2008

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Your mama!

2/11/2008

 
Blogger BibFash said...

God, I've already turned country. I meant to say, "Yo mama!"

2/11/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There once was a man named Obama
Who got caught up in election drama
He slung mud at his foes
Which did not help my woes
But he still made me cream my pajama

Well, it's a start. -N

2/11/2008

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Man, are we back to limmericks? There was a swarm of them a year ago from those Disco Soup Studs people or whatever.

Anyway, I found mine and I'm still stickin' to it!

You say that Obama's not special?
No contender for things presidential?
I'll give him a chance,
And cream in my pants
In those quiet dark stacks confidential.

2/11/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! You should totally write to the stevens point paper about obama. I vote yes! For Nerissa! You can be my superdelegate any day. You're a Superduper delegate. psm

2/12/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! You should totally write to the stevens point paper about obama. I vote yes! For Nerissa! You can be my superdelegate any day. You're a Superduper delegate. psm

2/12/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, tell your mom to get the Kirks pure castille soap from the grocery store. Not only is it super cheap, it also won't dry out yer hands.

If her hands are dry, allow me to recommend Vaseline. My hands are never dry! -N

2/13/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home