Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Too much breast

Man, I am on a blog roll....so much for a strike.

Sat. 1:45 p.m.
Drooler is here. Oh yeah, so I'm at the ref desk AGAIN on a frickin' Saturday afternoon. Can I just tell you how many nutcases pour out of the woodwork on Saturday afternoons? The annoying outfits, milkcrate carrying cases, bodily noises, and irritating conversations are all here to haunt me for the next 2 and a half hours. No wonder I drink more than I used to.

Bravo to PSM for her Suessical look last night at our Mexican writing retreat. It was quite awesomely put together. Why can’t more people get it together style wise? I’ll try to describe the look as best as I can: A basic sneaker, dark rainbow colored knee-hi socks pulled all the way up, long khaki shorts, a pink Maurice Sendak t-shirt, a light blue turtleneck sweater, a darker blue fleece vest, a red kid-like hat with a black kitten on it, and rainbow gloves. While it may sound like a kooky outfit reading it, this ensemble really pulls together in creative and fun way. And our writing group is celebrating THREE YEARS of writing togetherness this December!!! Pretty exciting. Plus, I don’t remember one occasion where we haven’t laughed so hard we were crying. I love that!

I talked to my granny today. Man that woman can drive you up a tree, but she can be funny as hell. She’s having all these pains in her left side; she described them as excruciating, so her doctor prescribed some Vicodin. She was pissed at first because her doc wasn’t giving her refills, and it’s hard for granny to get to the doctor considering she’s 95 years old! So, she complained about it, but then the doctor said he was worried she might get “hooked.” Granny laughed and said, “I’m 95 - who cares if I’m hooked on anything. It’s a day by day thing right now.” Pretty funny. She also complained about the food shows she likes to watch because the girls show “too much of their breasts.” She doesn’t like any titillation of any kind –especially televised cooking shows. She did say she likes the Barefoot Contessa because at least she doesn’t show her breasts on TV. Thank god for that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with your granny all the way. I'm tired of Giada's titties. I'm also tired of seeing crack everywhere I go. I`'ve had to look at droopy drawers since '92! Enough already! -N

11/16/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PSM's outfit was definitely inspired. If I tried that I'd just look like a street person. She so had it together.

And I love how your granny thinks. I can't remember who said it now but I remember hearing a comedian say that he had this list of crazy and rather illegal things he was going to do the minute he found out he was going to die - using drugs was one of them as he didn't have to worry about being "hooked" on them any more.

Go Granny! I think at 92 being pain free trumps getting hooked.

Mel

11/19/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home