Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Friday, April 27, 2007

World Famous Cashier – Trulawn – MIA

Man, I screwed up my last posting. It was not intended to be some form of rhetorical posturing or attempt to solicit compliments (although they were all appreciated), but a sincere plea for new ideas. So, PSM gets the kudos for this one for actual suggestions, such as adding pictures of animals, Zen psychedelic art or famous philosophers, and reminding me that readers have a short attention span (I suffer from this myself, so I should know).

The picture loading has been a problem in the past, but maybe the latest version of eblogger will help with this. I’ll try in my next post. Short attention spans I can handle. That’s what Twitter is all about (I will be writing about this soon in a more serious essay on social software. For those who aren’t in the tech-know, Twitter is a site that allows you to post one-line messages - 140 characters to be exact - about what you’re currently doing—via the web interface, IM, or SMS. I find it all very fascinating).

Oops, I’ve already exceeded the 10 lines. Crap. Okay, here’s the question for all of you to answer:

What music/song (or sound) accompanied the loss of your virginity and where did it all take place? You can also add who the person was, year and any other interesting factoids. I’ll start (since this is my blog):

Where - The coat room of a bar in Boston (Back Bay area) called Jason’s.
Song - Diana Ross “Upside Down”
Year – 1981
Guy – Richard Something (Something is not his last name, I just don’t remember his last name. He was one of the bouncers at the bar where my friend, Alicia, worked).
Memory – This cannot be what people keep talking about.

Side Note to Notorious Lors:
Trulawn Elgin McCray Trooper is no longer working at Dominick’s. I called to find out his whereabouts, but when I started prying as to why he was “dismissed,” the woman on the phone was rather evasive – and she snickered when she said he wasn’t there anymore. So, I guess that’s the end of the rigid, rule-bound, surly, fanny-pack carrying (containing important cashier stuff), high-wasted pant wearing misfit cashier. Just remember, he was in local community theater, and I’m sure that had something to do with him being canned. Or maybe it was his super fucked up name. Or maybe it was his unfriendly checkout-line behavior (although this is more in line with the notorious Walgreens – we’ve had MANY problematic encounters at the Walgreens! Lots of serious laughter and situation comedy there. I’m LOL just thinking about it! Speaking of Walgreens, Sis, remember the lunch counter at Wags on Michigan and Chicago? Remember me going with Damien there with the three cabbage patch kids and him ordering them a glass of milk with three straws? He wore his black leather jacket, red plaid flannel pants and combat boots, and I had on that insane all-white outfit with uber-white foundation, major red lipstick and that moon white eyeshadow and my butch short-shaved haircut. Geez!! Remember the three of us drinking shots of maple syrup in my parents’ backyard in Maywood? Remember his fruit box apartment on Randolph? Remember the ants in the spaghetti sauce? And the cucumber episode? Or the time we went to the Golden Nugget and he was in his “no utensil using” phase and ate pancakes with his fingers? What about the Indian place on Broadway - Moti Mahal? Those were some good times. Man alive!). I’m guessing it’s the latter. Don’t forget – there’s always sexy B at the meat counter. Just go up to him and tell him you’re looking for a big rump roast or a 7-boner steak. That’s always a conversation starter.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you woman! You know I lost it to Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" on Nantucket Island, deep in the 80's. I will not divulge the name of the boy, nor the age. -N

4/28/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdly, I can't remember the music I listened to with ANY of the blokes I've had sex with. (That sounds pathological, doesn't it??) OK, my latest beau and I like the Icelandic wailing band Sigur Ros...very ethereal and misty. At least I like it. He may have just indulged.
I do remember watching the movie Wall Street after the first idiot I intercoursed with. Since he turned out to be a major playuh, the choice of tiresome movie was somehow appropriate.
OK, too much info.

4/28/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where - California Skate, behind the counter of the nacho stand
Song - Devo "Whip It"
Year - 1980
Guy - Several (I think one was named Mark Halverson. He wore a comb in his back pocket.)
Memory - Got a rug burn on my ass and found chips and stuff in my hair later. No one bothered to tell me I had chips in my hair.

4/30/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope male commentators can participate too!

Where – upstairs in a split-level house across from the Country Club

Song(s) – a mixed tape made by my girlfriend with songs by Randy Travis (“Forever and Ever, Amen”), The Fixx (“Saved By Zero”), and Reba McEntire (or maybe it was The Judds, “Young Love”)

(Note: the “encounter” didn’t last for the entire duration of these songs… there was a lot of fumbling around and apologizing, and these songs were playing in the background!)

Year – 1990 (Yes, I was in high school! What can I say, I was a late bloomer!)

Who – girlfriend (who used to date my childhood friend... long story)

Memory – I didn’t really like country music (except for Johnny Cash and Dwight Yoakam), but I was trying to salvage a hopeless relationship.

Later, in college, country music would be the end of our relationship (she decided that her country dance partner, whose nickname was “Talon,” was more desirable than me and my philosophical nerdiness).

Come to think of it, in the context of this disappointment, I'm amazed that I'm able to step onto a dance floor!

Did I mention that when we broke up, we lived 2 doors down from each other in the same apartment complex? Can you say awkward?

--Fred

4/30/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it, Fred. Some of us graduated from COLLEGE in '90. Stop being younger than me, bitch! -N

5/01/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Case: When The Plum Was Plucked.

Where: A bedsit in London that could probably be best described as grotty.

When: 1990

Fella: An Northern Englishman who shall remain nameless.

Song: "I Wanna Be Adored" by The Stone Roses

Verdit: I was suitably adored.

5/04/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I just happened to Google search my name and I found this blog that briefly mentioned me. Just out of curiosity, who are you? Please feel free to write me back at TrooperTru@gmail.com.

8/14/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home