Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Monday, February 26, 2007

Communal Liquids

HAG
It’s official. Heart Attack Guy has LEFT THE BUILDING, and I hope it’s for good. Not surprisingly, he left quite a heap of garbage in “his” room (like can you not bring your fucking garbage downstairs??), and a plethora of crumpled dirty Kleenex in his trash can. Umm, there was a giant industrial sized bottle of lotion next to his bed, so…uh…get out the rubber gloves! Total freeloader time: 4 weeks and 5 days. Did he offer us a dime? No. Did he clean anything up? No. Did I do his laundry with dirty skid mark underwear? Yes. Am I an idiot? Yes.

Oscar Fashionista?
Was it me or was Cameron Diaz in fact wearing a paper airplane last night at the Oscars? That was a tripped out idiotic dress. I wish someone would just dress funky and not give a shit. And, ladies, let’s learn how to walk in our heels and not look like an ass on a trapeze. Jesus.

Fondue Stube

This week, the “gang” went over to Gs house for some fondue. I was hoping for a totally 70s experience, and actually it came quite close. The house even had sort of a 70s smell to it – I can’t quite articulate what that means; just that’s what it was for me. The fondue itself was quite good – if you’re into communal hot liquids - and the accoutrements were very nice. It was certainly a better fondue than that shitty Fondue Stube restaurant on Peterson in Chicago. What a rip off that place is. My friend, A, loves going there because you can smoke – which I also dig – but I don’t base my culinary choices on whether or not I can smoke. What the hell is a stube anyway? Anyway, after liquid sharing, some of us trucked over to one of the local bars in town to listen to some horrendous garage goat cheese band. I’m not a connoisseur of live bands, nor do I have the ability to really analyze skillz, but this band was wretched in its sameness. Every fucking song sounded the same to me. And as N poignantly pointed out – it was the kind of music that makes you want to kill something.

My Literary Fame
The other piece of good news (aside from heart attack guy leaving), is that I actually got a piece of creative (nonfiction essay) writing (Granny Has Curls) accepted for publication. I was pretty blown away, and I sent the thing off in FUCKING JUNE!! I had basically given up on it. Jesus. Anyway, it will be available in an online not-well-known literary journal. Like I told my writing group friends, I don’t care if the editor is some pedophile sitting on death row picking lint out of his ass, I’m just happy it got accepted.

Library Pervs (continued)
I guess we have a new perv in the library (this will make perv #5) who likes to rub his feet on girls who are studying and then he flees. Supposedly, he sneaks up on them while they’re engrossed in their reading (I guess he doesn’t have shoes on according to one victim) and proceeds to rub their shoulders or neck with his feet. Not sure if he wears socks. So, the building managers and campus security are on the lookout for him. They have yet to catch him. Maybe he just watched too many Jon Waters films.


Phase 2 – Tenure Party
I’m trying to determine where would be a good place for my second party. I think I’ll throw this one out to the group. Here is a list of potential choices, but I’m game for alternatives (I believe we went through this before, so it’s a bit of a repeat. Get over it!). The party can’t take place until I get my stupid fucking letter from administration. Here’s a reality time zone check of turnaround time for anything in this weird academic universe: University time – 6-12 months. Corporate time – 6 minutes. Okay, here’s the list:

- Dance studio - I will have to get permission and see if I can bring in alcohol, but I’m guessing not, and with this crowd that will be a big no.
- Bowling – This is a new idea. There are a couple of local bowling places. I’ve never ventured into any of them, but it could be interesting. Especially if they have fake nachos and bad music.
- The Congress Club – No comment (not to be confused with the Pick Congress - no longer exists - hotel in Chicago).
- Bruiser’s (listed as a “social eatery” in the yellow pages) – uh, no.
-
Skate City – We could rent a Lamers bus to get there. Actually, I work for Lamers (a well kept secret). This place is located in that stinky religious paper mill town. On Friday and Saturday nights they have something called “Aggressive Skate Night” and “Outer Limits Dance Club Skating.”
- Fleet Farm – We could have lots of fun in the aisles. Actually, I guarantee we’d have fun – like playing around with those “ball cutter contraptions,” liquid horse medication and rubber tits, eating generic industrial sized candy, and smelling cheap rubber boots, but I’m guessing we’d get kicked out.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's be honest. This group has the potential to get kicked out of any of these places, but what we don't remember can't hurt us, right?

2/26/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for bowling at Fleet Farm in congress with or without fondues. And not on a trapeze. Definitely not accompanied by Kleenex filled with bodily fluid.
Shatty Shat

2/27/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a good place to party, I still stand by my pants. No one ever gets kicked out of there. -N

2/28/2007

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Well, it seems that we have some admirable choices. Personally, I like shattyshat's ideas the best. So, let me summarize:

Bowling at Fleet Farm with (or w/o) fondues while wearing N's pants and getting kicked out of the place.

Fun!!

2/28/2007

 
Blogger BibFash said...

My informal poll suggests that Skate City is taking a lead. They do offer ice cream, hot dog and pizza packages which includes a party hostess, ice cream cup and unlimited soda (oh yeah, and a DJ).

If I decide to go with this plan, my biggest problem is that I don't remember how to skate. I need someone to teach me before the party. I'll pay top dollar for a lesson.

3/02/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who gets to play the hostess with the mostess? Will we get to run over screaming kids at Skate City? What other antics do you suppose will ensue? The big question: Will Bunny (aka scary bimbo in Old Main) be invited? Finally, will I be denied tenure because I referred to Bunny as a bimbo???

3/02/2007

 
Blogger Virtualsprite said...

What? You work for Lamers? Holy shit, girl! Here I thought you were just your average insanely talented and fashionable librarian.

Does roller blading count as skating? I flirted with that briefly in college... I think I still remember.

3/02/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Skate City and I'd be happy, thrilled even, to provide you with a skating tutorial. I am a great roller skater and I used to be even better (I would practice endlessly in our garage. I once had a very elaborate skating routine (complete with jumps, spins, and lots of backwards skating) to Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks" -- good times.)

Plum

3/02/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Roller Skating in FleetFarm? Now that would be a fun-filled, head-injurious time!

Also, hat's off to Plum for her aggressive use of parentheses. Well done!

Finally, as per the "perv" in the library who sneaks up (in sock-footed feet) and surprises female patrons... Just how quickly can he "flee" when wearing socks! Most of the library is covered in slick floors... it must look like a Scooby-Doo cartoon on crack!

--Fred

3/04/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home