Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Who’s your smoke daddy?

L and I just got back from our geriatric/Jadakiss sunny Florida vacation. As always, we had a good time – hanging out, laughing, drinking, laughing, drinking, reading, pool time, laughing, South Beach, Jadakiss, Rapper overload, spillin’ out butt crack sisters in string bikinis, laughing, ocean time, shelling, drinking, witnessing a real-life run away bride at the beach incident, laughing, reading, eating, listening to local Largos belt it out on the karaoke machine at the barbecue joint, drinking, catching up on movies, laughing, and watching “pimp my ride” (which now has me jonesing for outfitting my car with some spinners and Diamond-Nutz – fucking freaky cool!). I think if I pimp out my car, I most certainly will have to come up with a ghettofab sounding name. Hmm.

I hung out in Chi town for a couple of days – hitting a couple of clubs and caught up with L’s friend M. Too bad we missed T performing at Blues – maybe next time. My timing for a visit was perfect because it was the annual IML (International Mister Leather) conference. Lots of chaps and queens everywhere. Hilarious. I also bought a new CD by Van Hunt - hot! I love it.

I’m sending a big shout out to my ever-growing blog posse for hitting the 6 comments marker for the “Good Substitutions” posting (I should go away more often). So, major thanks to Pure Sugar Magic, Plum, Master B, Shatshat, Opie, and Bud Cort. You all totally rock!!! Speaking of rock, Joan Jett is coming to town on the 10th. That should be fun. You may want to pick up a WWJJD t-shirt before you go.

Other local news:

- My parents went to the local grocery store and stopped at the deli to ask if they had lox. The deli counter person said they only have one brand of small key locks but not combination type locks. Welcome to Central Wisconsin mom and dad!

- I’m living in “dance recital hell” for the next several days and I’m suffering from serious choreographers block. It sucks. My older kid piece is super sucky. I wish they had put “anonymous” under choreographer.

Next installation for the blog is "Bad Additions." So, put your thinking caps on for the next collaborative kick-ass list and send them to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I get the honor of posting the first comment this time...!
Funny when I learn more about you via your blog than I do in real life (or whatever our day-to-day existence is all about)...
Not feeling very punny or anything, so I'll just say happy dancin'!
And that I'm forward to hanging with the coolest bibliofashionista and her homies this summer....
P/Shatshat

6/01/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A while back D and I almost got one of those WWJJD t-shirts for M as he, by his own admission, has a thing for JJ. We decided he'd probably never wear it though because he would think it too conventional and manufactured a form of cool. M only does physics geek cool, which apparently has something to do with boots purchased at Fleet Farm, wallet/key accessories, and unusual facial hair. If his t-shirts make references they are to spectrometry or liquid crystals.

Speaking of Fleet Farm, I just ran into Stock Car L there. I told her that you could use a ride-pimping mentor. She seemed pleased to know that.

6/01/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home