Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Monday, April 07, 2008

WS/LGBTGIF and sometimes Y

I learned ---------------- at the conference:

- that “toilet training” isn’t necessarily what it appears to be on the surface
- that pscyhotropolis doesn’t cure depression
- that breakfast isn’t free when you have the state hotel rate
- that I’m woefully behind in understanding the intersex community
- that Patty LaBelle’s, Lady Marmalade, does sound better when sung during karaoke night at a lesbian bar in Green Bay, WI by a Superior/ex-Lutheran English Prof (acrobatically doing backbends while singing), and a Serbian/Danville, IL English Prof. named “Scott.”
- that discrepancies in how WS programs are administered across the UW system are quite vast
- that Lady Garmin can really get you around
- that crashing the New Plastics session or the Blood Donors Appreciation luncheon were tempting
- that I do not subscribe to the touchy feely approach in creating policies (like the Kofi Annan little boy dead bird African 25 year old lady story)
- that you can survive a 6 hour meeting with increased amounts of water and snacks
- that I will likely never forget the karaoke night at the lesbian bar in Green Bay where a Superior/ex-Lutheran English Prof (acrobatically doing backbends while singing), and a Serbian/Danville, IL English Prof. named “Scott” performed Patty LaBelle’s, Lady Marmalade.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and often Y me???!!!!!

First, I didn't realize conferences were for learning things. Where on earth did you get that idea?

That karaoke night is forever etched in my memory too, and my experience was limited to second-hand accounts. You're most likely going to need some powerful pscyhotropolis (?) in your attempt to wipe that one clean. Maybe another one of those six hour meetings would do the trick, but that would be risky. I heard someone once fell over dead right in the last five minutes of a six hour meeting.

4/10/2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone is game, I'm happy to reenact my Karaokesque acrobatics on a dime for a nominal fee.
Yay--my background as a lapsed Lutheran liturgical dancer has turned out to be good for something...!

--Shatty Shat aka Private Dancer

4/11/2008

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Well, well, well, our little "Private Dancer" is willing to take that karoke lead. That may even prompt me to rent a machine for our own little partay!

And, what's with this liturgical dancing gig??? That needs mucho explanaciono!

4/13/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home