Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Politics and applied reasoning?

Elections... hmmm... well, I guess it was a good day if you're a democrat, a confusing day if you're interested in politics, a sad day if you're a human being, and an embarrassing day if you're a Wisconsinite, or any of the other idiotic states that had the marriage amendment on the ballot. Death penalty, civil unions, English as an official language? Ugh. At least the people in Arizona are smarter than we may have thought. And then to top it off, idiot Todd Stroger, Jr. won the Cook County race in Illinois. Good grief! That jackass can’t even string two sentences together. He must have gone to the “Flunky Chicago Mayor Eugene 'Mumbler' Sawyer’s School of Rhetoric.”

Frankly (there's that damn word again), I'm tired of it being about Democrat or Republican. Whatever happened to logic, applied reason and fact to solve issues? So many people blame the politicians themselves for the problems in our political system, which is certainly a big part of it, but I think the other big problem is the voters. You have politicians on one side perpetually trying to solidify as much control as possible and then you have ignorant people in the electorate who want to legislate personal opinion and preferences. I really don't know. Johnny Depp got it right. Buy an island in France and stay there.

On personal news, I turned in the “big” 200-page file today. Thank god that’s over. I almost don’t know what to do with myself now. I’m sure I’ll think of something. I think I’ll take up more drinking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment.

Just kidding. Love you, Dr. BF!

11/10/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home