Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dance of the seven dollar

It’s no dance I’ve ever heard of, but it was a funny phrase said by D at Fred & Ginger’s chili party last night. I don’t remember the context, but it doesn’t really matter ‘cause it’s still funny. I think it had something to do with grand plies’ in second position and stuffing dollars in peoples pants. Or maybe it had to do with “quail tarding” someone’s wife? Hmm. Or maybe it was Bush going on “the Google” to search for Uranus. Hard to say. Despite a couple of short-term gas leaks from certain gassy guests that required a quick evacuation from the kitchen for some fresh air, the party was super fun! There were loads of gummi worms, fancy carved pumpkins, cakes, backbends, lots of chili-eatin’, squirrel books, and drinking (of course). One of the highlights of the night was belting out the catchy tunes from the 1970/80s TV sitcoms. But that fucking “Facts of Life” tune is now soldered in my brain. All day it keeps running through my head despite trying to tune it out with other music, TV and a meat tenderizer. But to no avail. It’s still there – hangin’ on for dear life - and it’s PISSING ME OFF!!! I shouldn’t have to suffer alone, so I think I’ll torture the rest of you:

"You take the good

You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life
The facts of life.

There's a time you gotta go and show
You're growin' now,
You know about the facts of life.
The facts of life.

When the world never seems,
To be living up to your dreams.
And suddenly you're finding out,
The facts of life are all about you.
All about you.
You-u-u-u,
A-ll about you.
It takes a lot to get em right,
But you're learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of life.
Learnin the facts of li-fe."

I'm taking suggestions for my blog - sort of like a readers satisfaction survey. Is there anything you wish I would include that I'm not? Do you want more fashion? Sass? Pussy references? What can I do to make this blog better? Let me know, 'cause I want to make you - the reader - happy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you'll go a long way toward improving your blog if you cease and desist (yes, both) with the TV show lyrics. So, it's not so much a matter of what you should include as it is of what you should...must exclude. Oh, why did I just read those Facts of Life lyrics all the way through? What explains that? I know I lack self control, but I thought it was limited to things I enjoy.

10/30/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

I know - it's torturous. That's why I put all the lyrics in this entry -to torture people, so I didn't have to suffer alone. But thanks for the blog improvement tips. I will consider excluding TV show lyrics from future entries.

10/30/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Awesome! I will shoot for more "bearded taco" and "honey pot" references (and others from the 80s).

Thanks PSM (aka surleyshire)!!!

11/01/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home