Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Masturbation He Wrote

Gay marriage ... people need to go one way or the other. I’m thinking about writing some type of letter to the editor/opinion piece on the whole amendment issue. I mean if you're going to allow marriage and its benefits, you need to let anyone marry whoever the hell they want. If you want to ban marriage, then ban all marriage. Think of all the potentially great TV shows we could have with gay marriage? Gay Divorce Court, the Gay Wedding Channel, Masturbation He Wrote starring Mark Foley (alright that has nothing to do with marriage, but I had to throw it in), My Two Dads (hmmm... actually that was a show). Alright, maybe things won't change that much ... which is exactly my point. People are idiots. “Marriage is sacred?” Who the hell came up with that? Please! Check the latest census stats on marriage – sacred my ass. People are nutballs.

Disco Cures Cancer was pretty fun this year, but it was held in a bowling “center” (yes – a center, not an alley). This bowling center had low ceilings and a portable dance floor that had bubbles in it, so that wasn’t too cool. I missed the place they held it in for the last few years. Anyway, I wound up wearing my “True Disco” ensemble (the Pancake House Waitress ensemble was voted down), which consisted of a gold lame tunic top, black flared jazz pants, black patent leather open toe platforms, faux-fur rimmed denim patch work car-coat, fake long ponytail, and Elton John sunglasses. My outfit turned out to be pretty okay. We all had a groovy time and exchanged the latest dirty lingo. I learned the term “sharted,” which is a fart with poop spray, and I taught them the term “clitty litter.” The next morning we all went for pancakes at the Log Cabin and loaded up on lots of coffee.

I’d like to take an online poll about Phase I of my tenure party festivities (the tenure parties will last approximately a year, so I have to spread out the fun. If for some reason I’m denied tenure, I will hopefully be working at the Dairy Queen, which means we will be limited to a Brazier/Blizzard party, but that could still be fun!).

Please cast your vote for party place/activity in the comment section. This party will probably happen in early to mid December. If you have another suggestion not listed, let me know:

1. Our house – cocktails/appetizer stuff
2. Our “local hangout” – I will buy booze and food
3. Some other bar in town that possibly has karaoke
4. The dance studio – I could bring in booze and food and we could all have a dance party (assuming this is okay with the owner, which I’m sure she’d be fine with)
5. Other

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5. Other. My pants.

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Thank you for reminding us that marriage for any and all is equal opportunity misery, as if we needed reminding...

(Sorry, D., but that's what you get for suggesting Bibfash throw a party in your pants. I'm not sure you're capable of making a comment on here that wouldn't expose your identity.)

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. the dance studio-- so we can dance and be loud. We'd be happy to help plan, set-up and bring food, and drink (by we I mean me and mine).

Plum

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM NOT D!!!!! Keep guessing, Other N. And my pants are a perfectly appropriate place to party.

10/23/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

This is super awesome! I know who anonymous is because SHE is always talking about her panties. Ha!

Keep those votes rolling in!!!!

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is N. I'd know that voice anywhere!

Plum

10/23/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

Yay, for Plum! She guessed right - it's N. I'm wondering if the dance studio should be held for a future bigger party. Not sure. I'm personally leaning toward our house for the first one, but I could be swayed. My worry is the dance studio owner not allowing alcohol. I'm not sure about that.

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, y'all should have let the mystery drag out a little longer! I guess I'll have to be more subtle next time....

formery known as anonymous

10/24/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My other choice is 1. if that works better. Especially since we must have cocktails!

Plum

10/24/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm open to any of the four non-pants options, as I will still be bringing my pants and will party accordingly wherever I am....

10/24/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

See, we already have a voting scandal! Surlycheshire voted twice - karaoke or our house. Well, heck, if they can screw up the FL votes, I can accept two votes! I am from Chicago after all :-)

10/24/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karaoke? Don't we all take our drinking too seriously to go and muck it up like that?

10/25/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for 1 or 4.

I also would be happy to see the German bust out the strobe light (and doesn't he have a karaoke machine from surplus?).

Jim Beam

10/25/2006

 
Blogger BibFash said...

THE MOST COMMENTS EVER!!!!!!!! I'm super excited.

10/25/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for 1 or 4. Now's the time when WIR TANZEN!
Dieter aus Sprockets

10/25/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little worried that the sounds of karaoke would be muffled coming from my pants....

10/27/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home