Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Monday, October 16, 2006

Do you know you have peas sitting here?

The German and I just went “dumpster diving” (really it was curb picking) in our neighbor’s yard. She’s dead, so I didn’t think she’d mind too much. We found some old aluminum cans, mostly nuts, that were kinda cool. Not sure what I’ll do with them, but at least I can tell people that I own a lot of “nutty canisters.” I bet if I looked in the Encyclopedia of Associations, I would undoubtedly find a reference to “The Association of Antique Nut Canister Collectors.” God, I love that book! Super fascinating. There’s a lot of weird shit out there.

The German is also tickled with his latest acquisition – 16mm film projectors. Yes, plural. Three actually. And about 100 films to go with it. Tonight he watched “The Eye of the Beholder.” The other night was “Voice Physiology.” The voiceover in all of these films is the same guy that did every film back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and it’s frickin’ weird. I wonder if they auditioned people for it? Remember when they would change the voice of a cartoon character – like Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble or George Jetson? I hated when they did that.

Here’s a list of things I dislike:

Nose picking
Sawdust-like-consistency tomatoes
Farting
Jackie Mason
Gory movies (this includes blood, puking, poking eyes out and stuff like that)
Gelatinous meats
Niagara Falls
Staircase haircuts with frosted streaks
Garanimal type coordinated outfits
Orthopedic shoes (when you’re not orthopedic)
Mary Jane Candies
Marilou Henner
Herring
Country music
Country décor
Any type of salad that has the word “surprise” in the title
Patricia Wexler’s Lip Pump Up Injector
Fake boobs
Fake tans
Know-it-alls
Venison or squirrel stew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I used to have a book on those “educational” films…I’ll see if I still own it and can actually find it. If I recall correctly, there were actual three narrators whose voices were used. Actually, maybe it was three studios that produced those films… Did you get any of the sex ed flicks?

10/17/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home