Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Madonna - The "Vegas Years" Tour

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Chicago/Stoughton/Madison. The book signing went quite well, and there were about 60 people in attendance. I must say it is really weird to walk into a Barnes and Noble and see a life-size cardboard cutout of your friend. That tripped me out for a good two minutes. It was also fun (and bizarre) to see the cast of characters – J, R, C, T, V, M, K, H, N, other J – from the past. I hadn’t seen some of these people in ten years. We all went out afterward and got rather shitfaced and reminisced about Nazi ballet days, Pinocchio performances, dressing up in bear suits in NYC, and bad relationships. Crazy shit. Of course, A’s apartment was like a fucking cyclone hit it - moldy water glasses filled with cigarette butts, spilled coffee and OJ everywhere, clothes strewn all over, etc. Some things never change. I had to get out of there. And speaking of never changing – V, who has not worked in about 14 years, said that “he’s still looking” for a job after I asked if he was working. I couldn’t help myself. But he’s still living with his 65-year-old high school English teacher that he was banging back in the day. Good grief. How the hell do I meet these people?

Thank god L let me stay at her place, which is spotless and most awesomely decorated. We hung out, pigged out at Tiffin, picked up my beautiful antique Chinese red cabinet and laughed a lot. Her roommate M told us about the Madonna concert he attended, which he referred to as her “Vegas Years” tour. Lots of horse-type disco dancing and flashing men’s torsos. Interesting. Never was a fan of hers.

The Christening was good. Lots to do – shopping, cooking, cleaning, ironing, picking up cakes, dipping child in water, etc. Aside from seeing M, A, J and the kiddies (aka my “godchildren” or grandchildren as I mistakenly referred to them a few times), I got to see C and other C, so that was fun. We’re all originally from Chicago, so we reminisced about Café Espial, Cocktail and the Man Hole. Good times. I even gave the little one her first sip of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Now how cool of a godmother am I?

I saw JD in Madison. He was looking pretty buff and a bit on the scruffy side. He told me that his girlfriend (who is in jail) has a better life than he does at the moment – she’s working at an organic farm, has three meals a day, and a workout room and library access. He’s still looking for a job (seems to be a lot of that going on lately), but he’s gotten some work on the live web cam circuit. Well, if you can make money by wanking your cock for foreigners on the web then I say go for it! The nice thing about web cam work is that you really don’t have to leave your apartment or get dressed for that matter. JD said he even manages to multi-task while doing this – checking email, cleaning, etc. Now that’s talent.

I’m still looking for bad additions. I’ve received close to nothing from anyone except JD. I know a fair number of witty and clever people, so I think you can come up with something. Please?

Thanks for the 6 comment marker on my Bitter Bean Debate entry. That topped the list for the most comments I’ve ever received! Rock on blog posse!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What color panties are you wearing?

6/21/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they thong?

6/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Comments. And I'm even replying.

Multicolored. I never wear thongs. Yuck! Too dental flossy.

Dr. BF

6/23/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home