Dedicated to fashionable librarians and other stuff

Monday, January 26, 2009

Somethin's cookin' in the kitchen

Blago doesn't fail to entertain, does he? The theatrical lunacy continues and now Burris is screeching, "Rod, you owe me one!" uh, yeah, he does? And Oprah, "I could be senator..." uh…. and G-Rod, umm…well, this is what he told NBC, "I thought about Mandela, Dr. King and Gandhi and tried to put some perspective to all this and that is what I am doing now." Yeah, he’s now taking it to the streets of New York (must have forgotten to write down that his impeachment trial started today) and hitting the talk show circuit lookin’ for some lovin’ since the people of Illinois aren’t given him any. It just gets better and better. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Yeah, so like that Christian Lander dude who wrote the blog “stuff white people like,” which is now a book, is pretty funny, but let’s be honest – ain’t no whitties with no money going to Whole Foods or taking yoga. Give me a break! But, he’s got us pegged. Gentrification timeline [indie coffee shop opens, Starbucks opens, protest, warehouses converted into lofts, neighborhood now has trendy name, organic coop opens, transient hotel renovated, etc.], diversity, bottled water, gifted children, vintage, film festivals, Japan, brunch, trying too hard, natural childbirth, scarves, etc. There’s a quiz in the back and it turns out I’m 52ish% white.

Speaking of being white, I’ve been eating these Trader Joe’s Great Tasting Sea Gummies Omega-3 with DHA Dietary Supplements like they’re crack. Seriously, my pores (and pee) are oozing this weird fish oil component. They have me pegged (and every other 8 year old). It’s most certainly the sucrose, fumaric acid, citric acid crystals, and the salvia hispanica seed extract that taste so fucking good. It’s kinda out of control. I foresee a trip to the ER - soon.

Arlene Croce’s essay, “Balanchine said…” in the latest New Yorker (another white people activity) was an interesting look at Balanchinisms, but the one I still can’t figure out is, “I am not a man, but a cloud in trousers.” This is attributed to a poet, I believe, or philosopher, I think (so good I am at retaining material), but I haven’t a clue what it means. Someone fill me in?

2 Comments:

Blogger Virtualsprite said...

I was going to try to come up with something but I couldn't... I just don't even want to think about what he may have meant there. Cloud? What the hell?

Maybe because he had good hang time on his leaps?

2/07/2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you to Trader Joe's pick me up a bottle of those gummies. I need my omega 3's! -N

2/10/2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home